“Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.” ~ Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
I think that this scripture sums up exactly what I hope to accomplish this year. This year’s goals will revolve on preparing every needful thing so that my family will have that home that they expect and deserve. By the time our two new kids hit one year old, I hope to accomplish the following things:
Spiritual (house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith):
1. Increase my knowledge of the scriptures by Reading and Studying the entire standard works this year. No institute manuals, no extra talks… Just keep it simple and read and study all the scriptures at least once.
2. Make our Family Home Evenings better by continuing to hold them weekly (52 of them) and by prayfully planning and preparing them, not just assigning them.
3. Have more meaningful prayers and fasts by preparing for each one specifically. (365)
Educational / Career Goals:
1. Complete ten courses (30 credits) this year with a GPA of 3.50 (Scholarship mark)
2. Have informational interviews with 10 people in Cutural Business Training/Consulting
Financial Goals (a house of order):
1. Pay off one major debt (Car Debt)
2. Save $1000.00
Temple Goals (a house of God):
1. Do temple work for three families this year.
2. Help bring two people to the temple this year.